Piano Accompanists - information
To request a piano area TA for a specific accompanying/collaborative project, please use the School of Music Wiki Pianist Request Form.
Access the "Pianist Request” by going to the following website: https://music.uiowa.edu/current-students/request-pianist
Please note the following guidelines before requesting a pianist:
- You may request a pianist for either a full project or a half project.
- A full project is defined as 15-20 minutes of music.
- A half project is defined as less than 15 minutes of music.
- You may request a pianist for multiple pieces, as long as they fall under the time limitations.
- You may only request one project per semester.
- Each project MUST have a pre-determined culminating date/performance. This can be a performance in seminar, for a master class, a recital, studio recital, jury, or simply a lesson.
- If assigned a pianist, the project will last at least 3 weeks and no longer than 5 weeks.
- The first week of each project is dedicated to the pianist to learn the music.
- In each successive week, you will have one hour (30 minutes for half projects) of rehearsal time, and one hour (30 minutes for half projects) of other contact time. This is for lessons, coachings, seminars, and the final performance.
- Your pianist will be available to you for your jury, as long as it is with same repertoire, which was used during the project. You will receive at most two extra rehearsals.
- If you miss a scheduled rehearsal, the pianist is NOT responsible for making it up.
- It is your responsibility to get the music to the pianist directly. Any delay will result in losing a portion of the project.
- Requests will NOT be accepted (and will not be responded to) less than 4 weeks before the culminating date of the project.
- No requests will be accepted after April 1 (Spring semester) and November 1 (Fall semester)